Monday, January 4, 2010

Day 4 - Back to Work

Day 4: A full day at the office with both boys in Preschool and Daycare (yay!) The little one did good for his first day but cried a lot. Harder on me, I suppose.

I found out that the Foster Care place would LOVE to have donated toys so I will be dropping those off tomorrow (possibly Wednesday since they have a small window for drop-offs and it would need to be at my lunch break).

The coats were taken to the donation boxes at the boys' school this morning (I was the first to donate!) I will look for more, actually, because they're also accepting hats, gloves and scarves. I might be able to find more.

Today, my LPA was, even after a full day for all, getting dinner on the table to have all 4 of us enjoy a meal together. That was a challenge I worked hard at last year and seemed to have maintained the momentum. I was exhausted after working all day, then coming home (pregnant, at the time) to make dinner for my oldest son who refused to eat the same dinners as we did and then after the bedtime routine, I would go back into the kitchen to make our dinner and it would be 8 or 9 o'clock at night before we ate! THAT had to stop! I worked pretty hard at changing everyone's patterns and learned to make easier meals that I could get on the table by 6:30 at the latest so that we could ALL eat together....as a family! What a novel idea?!?! Go fig....

So, yeah, proud of that one.

Working 1/2 day tomorrow. Room for more ideas in there!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you with both dinner and the donations! Sometimes the "ordinary" seeming things are the most challenging to either get done or get around to but....when done, feel so great :)

    ReplyDelete